Chef - Fulltime
AHC of Glendale
About Us: We are a boutique, upscale, short-term rehabilitation facility, with an emphasis on Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy. We care for thirty-four patients and their families, while visiting us. We are a 24/7 365-day facility, with skilled nurses on hand 24 hours a day. We are a privately owned company, with over ten buildings and growing. We have a family oriented vibe, with compassion and care at the forefront of our customer service.
Job Description: The candidate we are looking for is one that has great customer service skills. Someone who is willing to wash dishes, serve drinks to our customers, and prepare a great meal, all in a day. The job will require experienced cooking skills. (Be able to cook from scratch) On a daily basis, the candidate will prepare 1-2 meals for our 54-bed facility. They will coordinate with the menu, stock, and spreadsheets to prepare the meal. They will accommodate any therapeutic diets we may be tending to, while maintaining quality & care for the food. The candidate will work as a team to prepare, serve, & continuously aide the rest of the team in meals.
• Must be able to work on your feet for 90-95% of the shift.
• Must be able to lift 50+ lb.’s
• Must be able to provide friendly customer service under pressure/high stress situations.
• Must have knowledge and be able to execute practices of sanitation on a local, state, & national level.
• Must have knowledge and be able to execute proper cooking temperatures, organization skills, & cleanliness.
• Must have a clean background, a Fingerprint clearance card is required.
• Must be able to work any shift required for the position with possibility of schedule change.
• Must have a positive, attitude towards co-workers, patients, & managers.